Prof. Kihwan Kim
Our researches mainly focus on developing quantum computation and quantum simulation with trapped ions. An ion-trap system is one of the leading platforms for a pratical large scale quantum device. It shows over 5000 second coherence time, over 99.9% logic gate fidelities and the largest quatnum volume among all physical platforms.
Currently, we focus on developing various trapped-ion systems with a linear ion chain, dual species of ions, and 2-dimensional ion crystal.
|Sep 18, 2023||Yingye Huang and Zihan Yin joined as Ph. D students!|
|Jun 8, 2023||Dr. Mu Qiao and Dr. Wentao Chen have graduated successfully!|
|Jun 3, 2021||Dr. Pengfei Wang has graduated successfully!|
- Nat. Phys.Scalable and programmable phononic network with trapped ionsNat. Phys. 19, 877 (2023).
- Sci. Adv.Significant-loophole-free test of Kochen-Specker contextuality using two species of atomic-ionsSci. Adv. 8, eabk1660 (2022).
- RMPProgrammable quantum simulations of spin systems with trapped ionsRev. Mod. Phys. 93, 025001 (2021).
- PRLDouble-Electromagnetically-Induced-Transparency Ground-State Cooling of Stationary Two-Dimensional Ion CrystalsPhys. Rev. Lett. 126, 023604 (2021).
- Nat. Comm.Single ion qubit with estimated coherence time exceeding one hourNat. Commun. 12, 233 (2021).
- NatureGlobal entangling gates on arbitrary ion qubitsNature 572, 363 (2019).